Monday, October 22, 2012

Meet Estella Catherine Fabregas

On Tuesday August 28, 2012 at 4:17 pm, we proudly welcomed our daughter Estella Catherine Fabregas into the world.  She weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces and was 20 and 1/2 inches long.  With a head full of jet black hair and cheeks for days(!), she was more perfect than I ever imagined she would be.  I'm the Mom...I can say that, right? :)

We arrived at the hospital the night before for our scheduled induction, and the process couldn't have gone smoother.  I started the necessary medications to jump-start labor early Tuesday morning, and by that afternoon I was holding my sweet baby girl in my arms.  Though Jorge and my family don't seem to think so, to me the day went by very fast.  I remember having some moderate pain for a short time before I received pain medication, and then...drumroll please...the Epidural. Aahhhh.  It. was. fabulous.  (As a PACU nurse, I'm a firm believer that you shouldn't hurt if you don't have to!)

For the most of the day, it was smooth sailing.  I vaguely remember talking with my husband and family, laughing at times, dozing off at others.  Before I knew it, however, I was yelling at my sister to "put the camera down!" (sorry!) and my Dad to "get the phone away from me!" (really sorry!).  My wonderful nurse then made the wise decision that it was time to get that baby out!  With my husband by my side giving kisses and encouragement, we soon welcomed our sweet girl into the world. 

Love at first sight. 

A full head of hair and cheeks to match!
Snug as a bug!
 
 Papi's Girl.
Sleepyhead!
 
 
 
Little Jorge couldn't wait to meet the baby sister he'd been waiting so long for.  
 Such a proud big brother!
  
She already has the boys wrapped around her finger.
But to be fair, how could they not be?
 
So many people wanted to meet sweet Estella...
Especially Nana
and Papa
Aunt Cathy
Uncle Duke
and her sweet cousins Taylor and Clay.
I love this picture of all the girls.
Emily and Lindy also came to visit!
 
 
We had many other hospital visitors as well.  I hate that I wasn't ready with my camera when they came, but know that we appreciated each special visit!
 
On Thursday, two days after Estella was born, we both got the all clear to go home.  Somehow they felt we were capable of taking care of this tiny munchkin on our own, and we were discharged from the hospital.  As we were putting on her "home from the hospital" outfit, she just cried and cried.  All I could do was laugh and wonder, "Can I really do this?" 
 
Deep breath...here we go! 

 
 Rolling out...crying. 
 First time in the car...seriously crying!
 "OK," she's thinking, "Maybe this isn't so bad!  Not great...but not so bad."
(Note the cheeks)
She was all tuckered out by the time we got home. She didn't even get to see her cute sign from Papi.
Welcome to your home sweet baby girl!  We're so happy to have you here!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment