Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pregnancy...The Condensed Version

I started this entry in August, but didn't get around to posting until today...

So here we are...a mere two days before our scheduled induction...the day when we will finally meet our sweet baby girl!  What are the chances that I will be able to recap the entire pregnancy before she arrives? 

I'll give it a try...
I first suspected I was pregnant on Christmas Day 2011.  I actually took a test when we got home from celebrating that night and it was...positive! I told Jorge that I thought I had one more gift for him, but it wouldn't arrive for another 9 months. :) It was still very early on, however, and I was hesitant about sharing the news before getting confirmation from my OB/GYN.  We were leaving the next day for Colorado and then Las Vegas (see pictures below), but the second we got home I called for an appointment.  By my calculations I wasn't very far along, so they wouldn't see me until the end of the (very long) month. 
I think this may be my first pregnant picture.  Baby bump?
Skiing with the Boys in Beaver Creek
(I was very careful!)
 
What a cute little snowboarder!
 
The Family at Hoover Dam
 

On January 23, at our appointment with Dr. Sun, we got official confirmation that we were pregnant.  We were so excited to tell our family and friends! We also got the most adorable ultrasound picture of our "Baby Bean!"  This very first ultrasound picture is still my favorite. 


The first few months of pregnancy were rough!   I was sick well past the first trimester. No fun! I definately wasn't one of those shiny, happy pregnant women, and it took several months before I was able to understand what all those women were talking about when they said they "love being pregnant."

My "Bump" at 15 Weeks. 
 
In March, we had another ultrasound and found out we were having...A Girl!  As you can see, I couldn't wait to start with the bows.  :)  Though we both would have been perfectly fine with either a boy or a girl, the news that a little girl was on the way seemed to complete my husband's world.  I've witnessed what an amazing father Jorge is to his son, and I cannot wait to see  how quickly he becomes wrapped around our little girl's finger! 

 

I got to travel quite a bit during this pregnancy (trying to get it all in while I could!).  In April, I went with Jorge to Banff, Canada.  While he attended a work conference, I took it easy getting a facial and a massage, going shopping, and just enjoying the beautiful surroundings.

Enjoying dinner as two! (and 1/2)
 This is actually a beautiful frozen lake between two mountains outside of Banff. 
We were able to walk on it.  Well...I walked on it.
 

Soon, it was back to Atlanta and back to reality.  Even though the pregnancy started out rough, it didn't stay that way.  I soon knew what all those "shiny, happy" people were talking about. All she had to do was kick me!  With just a few of those tiny, flittery, butterfly kicks I was sold.  Head over heels In Love!  Even today, as those little flutters have evolved to absolute Kung Fu attacks to my most ticklish spots, I can't help but smile. 
 

The "Bump" at 23 Weeks

In May, I was able to take a long-awaited Girls Trip to Cancun with my "Lindas."  I believe the trip went something like...resting, eating, laying out, eating, doing nothing, eating, etc.  It was pre-baby perfect!
 

 
 "Cancun Bump" at 24 Weeks
 
Just a few weeks later, we took a trip to Puerto Rico to visit Jorge's family.  While we were there, we had our first baby shower!  The "perfectly pink" shower was so sweet, and it was wonderful seeing all of Jorge's family and friends.
 
 
Love these boys! 
"Puerto Rico Bump" at 26 Weeks
 
 Jorge's long-time friends.
My favorite little man with Titi Christie.
 

During all of this, while I'm "training" to become a mother, Jorge decided to train to become a tri-athlete.  I'm so proud of all he has accomplished. 
 
 
 
 
And the summer of pregnancy continues...
Many people made comments about how the summer must have been miserable for me, but honestly I barely even noticed.  Of course the air conditioner helped, and without summer I wouldn't have had a neverending supply of my biggest craving...Watermelon!
 
 

The "Bump" at 28 Weeks

 
On July14th, my friends and family in Carrollton threw us a wonderful baby shower. 
 
Love these girls.
 
It was so great seeing my long-time besties.
 
 
The very next day, July 15th, my cousin Jami and I had a co-shower given by my mom's side of the family.  It was so much fun comparing pregnancy stories with my sweet cousin.
 
Getting Bigger and Bigger...
 
Starting to really grow at 33 Weeks
 
On July 22 my awesome PACU co-workers gave us a shower.  So much fun!
 
 
 
My sweet sorority sisters showered us in August...
I loved all the pink, and my favorite part was that the guests were asked to bring a book for the baby's library.  It was so special to see what book each friend chose.
 
 
There must be something in the water...
 
 
Jorge's sweet office hosted a shower for us also.
 
 
Our last wonderful shower was given by my Dad's side of the family. 
 
 
  
 
We are so fortunate to have so many people who want to help us welcome Baby Girl Fabregas!

Little Jorge has been so excited about having a baby sister. He constantly talks about what she's going to look like, what he's going to teach her, and what's she's going to like.   ("Kari, Do you think she'll like pizza?" "Absolutely!" "Kari, do you think she'll like Phineas and Ferb?"  "Sure!")   He saves anything he can find related to babies, and he's the one who suggested we clean up the playroom so she doesn't swallow any of his lego's! He is going to be an amazing big brother!

 Sweet boy...Flying kites in PR
 Like Papi, Like Son
 
 
Some Papi time in the last days before he has to share!
Last Pic as Three!
 
 
We're Almost There! 
Ready to Pop at almost 39 weeks
 

 
I'm so excited to meet the sweet baby girl I've fallen so in love with.  I know I'm going to miss feeling those twists and turns in my belly, but it's going to be so much better holding her in my arms.  I can't wait!
 
 
 
Now to get just one more good night's sleep...

0 comments:

Post a Comment